Thousands of people are suffering in Haiti following Tuesday’s deadly 7.0 earthquake about 10 miles west of the capital, Port-au-Prince. President Barack Obama says his team is monitoring the situation closely and stands ready to help the people of Haiti, but there is still more that needs to be done as recovery and clean up efforts get underway.Here are Four things that you can do to HELP HAITI NOW for as little as $1:
1. Join singer Wyclef Jean in his efforts to raise funds on behalf of Haitian Quake Victims
“Please text ‘Yele’ to 501501 to donate $5 to YELE HAITI,” Jean wrote on his twitter page in the hours following the quake. “Your money will help with relief efforts. They need our help… please help if you can.”
Donations go to the Yéle Haiti Foundation, an organization established by Jean using music, sports, and the media to bring awareness to projects making a difference in education, health, environment and community development in Jean’s native Haiti.
2. Hosea Feed the Hungry (HFTH), the Southeast’s largest food bank serving families and individuals in the Atlanta-area, has mobilized to support relief efforts following Tuesday’s earthquake in Haiti. HFTH has partnered with Savannah-based Christian Revival Center that hosts monthly mission trips to Haiti. The two organizations are asking the Atlanta community to provide critically-needed supplies. A truck will deliver the items to Savannah for immediate distribution to the people of Haiti.
Items needed include:
• Water and non-perishable food items
• Men’s, women’s and children’s shoes of all sizes
• Vitamins – adult, children, prenatal
• Adult & children’s pain relievers
• Disinfecting wipes, antibiotic creams and ointments (e.g. Neosporin and triple ointment
• Financial contributions, which can be easily made at hoseafeedthehungry.com
3. Text "HAITI" to "90999" to donate $10 to the Red Cross or Take your donations to Lowe’s Stores
Lowe's Companies Inc. announced Wednesday; the company will donate $1 million to support the American Red Cross International Response Fund, helping victims of countless crises around the world, including the recent earthquake in Haiti. Further, all 1,700 Lowe’s stores will serve as donation centers for the American Red Cross.
Donations to the American Red Cross may also be made online at www.redcross.org, or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767
4. Join Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush... together they are making a difference in Haiti. "At the request of President Obama, we are partnering to help the Haitian people reclaim their country and rebuild their lives."
Click here to learn more http://www.clintonbushhaitifund.org/
Will You Help HAITI?