Sunday, October 17, 2010

Become a HAUTE Travels Girl and Meet Good Black MEN!

Think about vacationing on some exotic beach and Mr. Wonderful walks into your life. It can happen because it’s happen to me while traveling to some of the world’s haute spots. I hear women say all the time that they can’t find a good black man. Well, that’s a myth. Ironically, as much as I’m out and about in the city, I rarely meet men that capture my attention. But once I grab my passport, toss my carryon over my shoulder and head to some place far away from home—something happens.

Being a single girl in the city has its pros and cons… you’re on 24/7. No matter where you go it’s like being on display… think hair, nails, and wardrobe. Now, living in Atlanta has an entirely different spin… everybody needs a publicist, makeup artist and stylist! No, you don’t have to be a celebrity here to have a glam squad; you just have to think that you’re someone famous. But what really gets my girls from Chicago and New York laughing is the fact that these southern beauties announce members of their beauty team in public. In other parts of the world, that’s always kept a secret!
 
So once I land in some sizzling haute spot with my sun-kissed skin, refreshing personality and smile, “something happens.” I shed the glam side and keep it natural. As a result, black men notice me; they approach me, talk to me and want to get to know a little more about the American girl that’s sitting poolside with an air of confidence and a little bit of mystery to go along with her tropical drink. Sure, they notice my other assets after all a Haute Travels girl has learned to embrace her curves… I’m lovin them! And we all know that no matter where you meet black men, they love the versatility and uniqueness of our ample thighs, round bottoms and full lips, especially the bottom lip. I hear when you poke it out; it’s a sign of confidence. But you didn’t hear that from me.


When you follow your passion—the universe lines up in complete agreement and you open your heart and mind to something new  allowing amazing things and people to come into your life. I can tell you from personal experience that this can happen. Remember the law of attraction? You get back what you put out… it’s never been more true.

By now you’re wondering what are my secrets… it’s simple. I just focus on being authentic, pleasant and drama-free. I‘m not looking for anything or anyone, I’m just living my passion and truth. I’ve come to learn that men like women who are independent, but who allow them to do the chasing. They like happy, active women because that’s attractive to them.

You should also have a set of standards that smart, mature women live by. Don’t compromise integrity because men will test you just to see if you’re “that girl.” Focus on being the best person that you can be whether single or not and love and friendship will find you no matter where you are in the world.

Have you met someone special while traveling?

26 comments:

  1. This is sooooo true. I agree. The best times to meet someone special is when you are not focus on it. Do you. Once you have yourself together everything will come in place.
    No one knows where love is. It is so unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post.. True and authentic. Thanks for sharing. You are haute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhh! Thanks LA Beauty Beat and Marie. I was inspired by my own experiences to share what I've learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you write! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove this post Marian!! Thanks for sharing. Confidence + nature + mystery + smile = my new beauty cream.

    Carole, Paris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Carole! I miss my Parisian BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome post and very true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article! BTW - love the new pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really good post. You gave some great tips and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looved this post. That headline really captured my attention...even a girlish giggle escaped my lips.

    I believe more men are looking for authenticity. Life is too short to be someone other than you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed this story. I have gotten the most compliments when I am without makeup and my hair is a mess. A man once told me "if you look this good with nothing I can imagine what you like like all made up."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Just beautiful! Integrity, confidence, joy, peace, and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding is a Haute woman.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The best way to get a man's attention is to not look for it. I am married and not looking, but when I travel on my own, as I often do, I am constantly approached by black men. "To thine own self be true", true to your passions, what you enjoy. When you do that you will draw others to you. Happy travels ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "When you follow your passion—the universe lines up in complete agreement and you open your heart and mind to something new allowing amazing things and people to come into your life."

    ---

    That is SO unbelievably true! I firmly believe that the Universe has blended my passion for Africa and the Caribbean with meeting Black men from all over the world. All of a sudden I'm dating Black diplomats left and right!

    ---

    I had my best dating life while living in Barbados for a year. And every time I visit I have so much fun meeting lots of gorgeous men.

    In the U.S., I've mainly dated men from the Caribbean or Africa. I think the key is for African American women to broaden their horizons as it relates to what 'dating' black men (if that's your preference) is. For me, in 2010, dating brothers with an international angle is the best. You can have some truly amazing experiences and meet fascinating people if you step outside of the U.S. metropolitan lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, You could be onto something... we should chat. I may turn this subject into an article for a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle, I couldn't agree more. My new Boo is Nigerian but was raised in Atlanta. However he travels extensively and open to trying new things. I hate to admit I was closed minded in the past but I have told my friends that I may never date another american man. LOL

    I enjoy our conversations, music (I now have African music on my ipods), etc. Most importantly I enjoy learning new things with a great guy. I am hoping our relationship grows and we can travel together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great insight...i especially love the personal touch. the article is something that should be explored esp because women are looking and supposedly the stats say some black women won't find a black man of equal caliber.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my friends met her husband while vacationing in Aruba at the Soul Beach Music Festival. Then all of her friends wanted to go on a trip to Aruba.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Instead of "hunting" for a man, I think women would be better served to do the things that they enjoy in life. You know, if you like traveling, running, golfing, etc., do those things. And, as you stated, the universe will open up and allow them to meet the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the post...It's so true that if you focus on you and what you love to do what's for you will come! That's how I met my husband an unexpected encounter as I was "traveling" spiritually trying to find a church home..I literally was confronted with my best friend and life partner. Who knew. I did not expect that to happen and in such an unlikely place! The Law of Attraction is real and if you're true to yourself all else will be taken care of!

    I know Love and Friendship will find you soon...when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this post is something i needed to hear right about now...I am late but thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Last summer before I hit the island of T&C everybody told me to go get my groove back (some friends even offered to by me condoms) and I was having NO parts of it (so not my style as I am celibate) well as soon as I hit the resort the bellhop had me at hello that was the best (and only) week long vac fling I ever had. He actually still calls me but I told him on day one he wasnt using me for a green card LOL

    ReplyDelete