Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Beauty of Coconut Oil

As every Haute Travels girl knows, some of the most effective beauty products are in your kitchen. I use an organic Virgin Coconut Oil for my hair, skin and nails to moisturize, condition and heal. It even helps in the anti-aging department. Coconut oil is excellent in nourishing dry skin and hair. It even helps to speed up the healing process because it's loaded with proteins that aid in tissue repair. 


Here are some beautiful ways to use Coconut oil...

Hair

Coconut oil helps improve dryness in hair. I actually soak my hair in warm coconut oil (place the solid coconut oil under warm water to melt) and put a plastic cap on either overnight or for two or three hours before washing with an organic shampoo. It leaves my hair soft and silky.

Skin

I add coconut oil to my favorite moisturizer/lotions or apply in it's liquid state to my skin for added hydration, while my skin is still damp from a bath. The oil absorbs into the skin quickly, helping it retain more moisture. Vitamin E in the oil also helps with its nourishing properties.

Nails

I soak my nails in coconut oil to help keep my cuticles from getting dry. And I even apply the oil to my feet concentrating on the heels to keep the skin from cracking due to dryness.




Makeup Remover

Coconut oil is an excellent natural makeup remover. Just rub it in your palms to melt and apply it to your face. Use a soft tissue to remove the excess oil and makeup.

Exfoliate

You can add coconut oil to sea salts and sugars and make a scrub to help removed dead skin cells. Apply gently to damp skin and massage away. Just rinse or soak the skin when you're ready to wash it off.


Haute Travels Tip: Jason Smoothing Coconut Oil is great for a variety of skin care needs






No comments:

Post a Comment