Solo Travel Is Haute!

If you're dreaming of a place that feeds your soul, go!  When I first started traveling internationally, I had a list of places that I wanted to visit.  But I realized early on that I had to get comfortable with traveling solo.   The desire to give into wanderlust was born out of my curiosity about far away lands from my days as a journalist. 
Maldives

I am often reminded of Henry David Thoreau, "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until the other is ready."  
I made myself a promise a long time ago, I will not be that girl who puts her travels on hold because someone else isn't ready.  

Solo travel for me is an act of self care.  I can really center myself and dive deep when I sit still with the ocean and feel the breeze blowing through my hair and against my sun-kissed skin as I sit on a sandy beach with my thoughts.  I love the freedom to just go and explore or go and do nothing because my soul yearns for stillness.

I have met some pretty cool people when hitting the road solo.  It's also an opportunity to create my own pathways by blazing my own trails.  But more importantly, I learn so much more about me.  And that makes it all worth it on this incredible journey of self discovery.

Solo travel teaches you things about yourself that you may not ever discover within a group or with friends.  It most certainly activates your senses and opens your eyes to possibility.  It challenges you to become better, test the limits and go for what makes you happy.

Growth is something that we choose to do to become better people.  Every journey creates new memories and opens the door to many more.  



Comments