Packing for A Haute Trip: What’s in Your Bag?

When it's time to pack for a trip, do you over pack? I tend to bring a few extra items because I like options. But there's one thing that I've learned over the years, when you pack, be strategic. I really don't need four tubes of lipstick or three pair of jeans. No matter where I go, implementing a few smart packing tips is the best way to travel.

I learned the hard way that overpacking can be a problem especially if you end up in a situation where you have to handle your luggage all by yourself... try climbing stairs at a train station in London with multiple bags. But that most certainly will not happen to you because I've got you covered with a few tips.



Here are my three tips to smart packing for a haute trip! 

The first thing that I do, create a list based on my destination and activities. When you plan ahead, you can save time and space in your luggage. I absolutely love to pack a variety of things but let's face it, I don't need five pair of black shoes for one trip. I try to find a few pair that can go with pretty much everything in my bag. 

Next, I always make room in my carryon for an extra outfit just in case, my luggage is delayed. And I carry my valuables like my camera, laptop or jewelry in the luggage that goes in the overhead compartment on a plane. It's important to pack with a purpose so that you don't have any regrets later. 

Finally, make sure that you have your mask, sanitizer, passport, cash and cell phone are at your finger tips.  Organization is key to a clutter-free travel bag. The last thing that you want is to dig into your bag because that's not haute.

HAUTE TIP:  Always fully charge all of your electronic devices before you go even if you have a portable charger! It's always a pain looking for an available charging port at the airport. 



 

Comments