Check a Bag for FREE

 You may have heard that several airlines including American and United have increased bag fees. Some are reporting that bag fees for domestic airlines may be as much as $45 per bag each way. But there is some savvy travel strategy that you can employ to save money without over packing your carryon bag. 


Over the years, I have saved thousands of dollars in baggage fees because I have a few credit cards that allow me free luggage check-in if I use the cards to book my flights. So not only do I save cash but I also earn points toward award travel. It's a win-win!

When you do check your luggage, please keep in mind the weight and check the airlines' website for restrictions so that you can avoid additional fees. 

And as an added bonus, I would suggest adding a tracker or AirTag to your luggage to keep an eye on it while in transit. It's been years since my luggage was lost while flying but with so many mishaps these days, it's better to be cautious than sorry later.


Comments