My Haute Dream Trip to the Maldives

In my dreams, I’m relaxing in my private water villa over the Indian Ocean. The sun is shining, my skin is glowing and life is good. The waves are crashing against the shores of the white sand beach in the distance. It’s intoxicating to say the least. Suddenly, I wake up and the dream has manifested. I am relaxing on the deck of my beautiful villa over the Indian Ocean, sipping green tea and thanking God for my blessings. I’m surrounded by peace and clarity putting everything into perspective.






I finally made it to the other side of the world. The beautiful coral reef islands that make up the Maldives could be seen from the air as my Maldivian Airlines flight made its way from Male across the equator to Gan followed by a speed boat to the luxurious Shangri La Villingili Resort and Spa Maldives.



Every morning, I was greeted by the breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean’s aquamarine water with rippling waves moving around my bungalow. I could literally feel the energy of this sacred space bringing me to a state of bliss. The locals believe the crystal-clear water has healing properties.







An afternoon on the white sand beach with sun-kissed skin was part of my daily routine unless a light rain shower moved in. 

While the breakfast buffet satisfied me throughout the day, I was rarely hungry during the afternoon, opting instead for an early dinner.   I literally had brunch every day.



Dinner at one of four restaurants nightly allowed me to sample cuisine from many different places.  One of my friends loved the Indian food at Dr. Ali’s. It was clearly an epicurean adventure from the Indian Ocean, South China Sea to the Arabian Gulf. My favorite meal of the day was always breakfast. The buffet was amazing! I especially loved the garlic meatballs.





Every night, an intimate spa bath or shower under the moonlight made everything alright. A glass of Champagne before turning in allows for celebration every step of the way. When I fell asleep, I knew that when I woke up, I got to do this all over again.

Being in the Maldives was truly a dream come true.








Comments