Haute Tips for Beach Day Bliss!


Summer beach vacays are the best, but I’m not fond of the crowds. If you’re the kind of girl that wants the beach all to yourself, you may want to plan your trip a little differently. Travel addicts know that the best way to soak up the sun without tourists is to switch it up.

Here are My Four Haute Tips for Quiet Beach Getaways:

Tip #1

Find a resort that offers exclusivity before the crowds check-in.  I recently traveled to Montego Bay, Jamaica and I had the beach all to myself for most of my stay at the 400 acre Half Moon Resort.  It was nothing short of heavenly bliss. 





Tip #2

If you can swing it, opt for a villa instead of a guest room. Villas are typically away from the crowds and usually come with a pool or private beach access. My all-time favorite resort with amazing villas is Shangri-La's Villingili Resort & Spa in the Maldives. When you travel slightly off season, you can get great deals. 





Tip #3

Skip the big tourist spots and travel to a beach town that’s along the coast with fewer crowds.  Places like California or Florida have plenty of options.



Tip #4

Jet off to an island that offers a safe-haven for travelers who want more solitude. I’ve been to a few lovely islands in the Caribbean that were perfect for quiet moments by the sea like Bonaire and Nevis.  I had a lovely afternoon at the beach at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies





Related: My Haute Thoughts 
https://hautetravels.blogspot.com/2014/01/haute-thoughts.html

Comments