Haute Travels Tips for 2019


Now that the holidays are behind us, it’s time to start planning spring break, summer travel and a fall get-a-way that you will never forget. Before you grab your passports and roll out the door with your new luggage, think about your budget. Every traveler knows, the budget is an important factor in your globetrotting life. 


While, some travelers target top destinations and spare no expense, most travelers meet somewhere in the middle of throwing caution to the wind and sensible spending when planning a vacay.

As you decide on what's important to you while planning your trip, here are my three travel tips that will get you started:

Destinations 

Pick a place that feeds your soul for a week-long getaway. When you’re in your happy place, you’ll splurge a little more. Some of my favorites are the Maldives and Italy. I love places that inspire rest and relaxation with lots of great food options for the foodie in me.

If you don't want to splurge but you want to have a luxurious get-a-way, consider cutting out long flights and opt for shorter flights to places that are fabulous close to home. You can spend that extra $2,000 that you saved on airfare on a fabulous suite , hotel room or villa.


Cost-effective

I love to get the most for my money. I generally fill up my airline mile accounts with domestic travel and everyday expenses. I use those points for first-class or business class travel. I also use my credit cards to earn points especially for hotel rewards programs to some of my favorite properties. Furthermore, I also look for add-ons to save money such as including breakfast with my reservation or room credits to use toward spa treatments. 

When to Go

One of the most important decisions that you make about travel is when to go. I’ve gotten some amazing deals when I travel slightly off-season. The rates are much higher when you travel during high season especially to beach resorts. Afterall, who wants to relax on a crowded beach? It's much better and feels more exclusive when you miss the crowds.


These are just a few of my Haute Travels tips that keep me jet-setting around the world without breaking the bank. 

Comments