Secrets to Luxury Travel for Free!

Did you know that many travel insiders use points and rewards from credit cards to pay for their luxury getaways?  Plus, extra points or miles for signup bonus' can practically pay for your entire trip.  I started using points and miles to get first class tickets and luxury accommodations to travel like it's haute a few years ago. 


There are many different ways to travel without spending your own money.  I even get gift cards or cash back rewards from my bank.  I put all of it aside to use for travel later.

I traveled to Rome, Italy last year and used miles from two different airlines to fly in business class and first class cabins each way for almost nothing (I only paid a $5 fee on my Delta flight).  

I also had a luxe hotel stay at a 5-star property for practically free.  I decided to use only half my Starwood points (now under Marriott Bonvoy)  for the St. Regis and pay a portion with cash.  I could also have used all points and stayed for free minus any small fees.  But I didn't want to give up all of my points.  I have more traveling to do. 



During my trip to Rome, I only paid for airport transfers, meals and shopping.  It was absolutely worth it to stroll the streets of this gorgeous city for a week and live my best travel life! 

I've also spent a week or more in Paris, France and paid very little for hotels when using points or awards.  It's also a great way to discover new properties without spending my own money. 

So you may ask, how did I earn all the points?  Well, I put just about everything that I spend on my co-branded hotel and airline credit cards.  I get points for shopping, dinning out and going to the spa or hair salon.  I also get points for paying bills, buying groceries and gas. 

And one of my co-branded American Express cards offers a free hotel stay on my anniversary every year.  When I combine the complimentary awards stay with points, I get to stay for free minus a small fee for a luxury resort stay for some properties. 

Haute Travels is just around the corner when using your credit cards responsibly to reach your travel goals.  There's never been a better time to start earning and cashing in so you can escape to the destination of your dreams.







Comments