7 Haute Travel Tips to Stay Safe

There are so many women traveling with their girlfriends or flying solo.  But there are a few things that every traveler should know to stay safe, especially when you travel alone. 
I've traveled to many countries with just me, myself and I and it was amazing.  But, I have to admit, there were times when I didn't follow some safety measures because I was caught up with wonder lust.  

But now, I implement strategies to stay safe when traveling to places in the USA like New York City or far away lands no matter where I go.  


Here are my 7 tips for staying safe while traveling:

1.  Pay more to stay in a hotel or property that provides adequate security for you and your belongings.  
2.  Keep your valuables including your passport, credit cards, and jewelry in a safe or hidden away.
3.  Don't talk to strangers about your travel plans; keep the conversation light when you talk to people that you don't know because you simply can't trust anybody too quickly.
4.  Let someone (that you trust) know where you're going when you venture away from your hotel.  
5.  Always be aware of your surroundings especially when you're wondering into unfamiliar territory.
6.  Make sure to do your research about your destination and hotel location. Be sure to check with the state department's website for travel advisories and warnings before you go.
7.  Prepare for the unexpected... make copies of your travel documents and stash away emergency cash in case you need it in the event that your credit card isn't working or you're in a cash-only situation. 

Bonus Tip:  When using rideshare cars be sure to check the name, photo and tag number of the car that you're getting into.  Get in the vehicle assigned to you and stay alert.  It's also a good idea to have the driver pull up to your hotel entrance door so that staff can see who you're leaving with as you venture out.

Enjoy your travels and stay safe! 

Comments