Make it Haute!

There's no better way to find myself than to get lost in travel.  I recently took a trip to the West Coast to spend some time with other writers, friends and some very cool people. 


It's often necessary to change my surroundings to clear my mind and allow new thoughts to flow like water when I'm writing a story in my head.  The energy and space allows me to be more creative, think things through and take risks.  

It's ok to escape the every day grind and sit by the pool and listen to Lizzo's songs like Good as Hell and Water Me with lyrics like "I am my inspiration!" What better way to throw caution to the wind and just do the darn thing? 



And then make it a Hustlers movie night with your girlfriends and talk about Jlo's epic performance over dinner and donuts. Yes, we're in Los Angeles but it's not a kale night.

Sure, we shopped the sample sales, enjoyed lunch in Beverly Hills and drove around town to round out the weekend.  These are things that girls who love to hang out with each other do.  And when you think about it, what's life without glowing skin, palm trees and laughs?  Travel presents an opportunity to not only see the world but experience all that life has to offer no matter how small.  

 

Comments