The Haute Guide to Clean Beauty for Travel

The term "clean beauty" is simply using products that do not contain harmful chemicals to our skin or body.  You may be familiar with buzz words like organic, non-toxic, or vegan when referring to beauty products.  In fact, "natural" beauty products are exploding on the market.  We love them! 

I recently made a trip to the dermatologist for help to clear my skin from breakouts and dark spots.  The doctor suggested that I use a facial cleanser that contains non-toxic ingredients for sensitive skin.  In fact, I have scaled my skincare routine to just a few products with key ingredients like hyaluronic acid and retinol (also known as Vitamin A) as part of my multi step nightly skincare routine.  I can report that in a few weeks, my skin has improved a lot.  It's more radiant and smoother. Honestly, it didn't take a lot to achieve these results just consistency. 

Here are four essential steps that help me maintain great looking skin while traveling as part of my clean beauty ritual.

1.  I use a cleansing bar with non-toxic ingredients to clean my face nightly up to three times depending on whether I wore makeup that day.  I also alternate using my facial brush to get rid of dead skin.

2.  I also added Micellar water with rose essence to my skincare routine.  It's amazing because it cleans and hydrates.  Roses help with anti-inflammatory properties that keep the skin calm and break-out free.   

3.  Next, I also use a simple toner to help keep my skin free of dirt and oils that cause breakouts. And I apply a retinol gel that I got from my dermatologist for a mini skin peel.  Many describe retinol as your skin's BFF! It repairs your skin, making it more radiant, reduces fine lines and wrinkles along with dark spots.  It delivers great results in the battle to reduce the signs of aging. 

4.  My last step, I apply a nightly moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to soften my skin, allowing it to retain an incredible amount of moisture while I sleep.  

While traveling, you can take your must-have products in small containers.  Just pour creams, lotions, gels, etc. into sample size bottles or jars (3 ounces or less) to drop into your haute travel bag.  Since you will only need a few products, you can easily use them on the plane to keep your skincare routine going while away from home.

Haute Beauty Tip:  A disposable facial cleansing cloth can make skincare very simple while traveling.  Be sure to read the ingredients on the product label for your particular skincare needs.

Comments