A New Way To Travel

These days my passport is collecting dust since COVID-19 took over my travel life.  While, I totally believe that travel will soon occupy my life again it won't be the same.  We've entered a new way of getting around and seeing the world, while keeping in mind, it's important to stay safe and healthy


As the year 2020 came into view, I made a list of places that I want to see.  But by March, it became clear that there was a new world order and it would consist of staying grounded until the pandemic was under control. 

As summer travel gets underway, I still believe that international travel will be back and borders will reopen. However, I also know that there will be a new way to travel. As I think about the changes, there will be a few things that will become staples in my Haute Travels travel bag.  I will be loading up on Purrell or Germ X, Lysol wipes, Lysol spray and a face mask. 

I will wipe down everything around my seat on the airplane especially the tray table. I tend to clean my area anyway but during this pandemic, I will be extra careful. 

I'll also do more research on my destination and how they handle the coronavirus outbreak. It's also important to know what to expect when entering their country.  I always say, know before you go.  There are some countries that will detain you at the airport for as many as eight hours before they clear you.

When I check into my hotel or resort, I take out my Lysol and spray door knobs, light switches and the TV remote.  I now make it a habit to also clean my mobile once a day and watch where I leave it. I will also wipe down surfaces like my night stand and bathroom counter where I put my makeup.

I also wipe down my luggage and carry-ons. But now, I am even adding my shoes to the list. I'm also rethinking how I will keep myself safe in restaurants. Although, I think that it will be a while before I return to eating out, I know that things will be different.  I also know that I have to stay vigilant and take nothing for granted.

Happy and safe travels everybody! 

Haute Tips:

-Download your passport into your phone to keep from touching surfaces

-Keep your wipes handy

-Before you go, find out if you may have to quarantine before you are free to enter another country or self isolate for 14 days

-Take an extra credit card for emergencies or consider travel insurance that meets your needs






 

 


Comments