Haute Spot: 24 Hours in Milan

One of my favorite Italian cities is Milano! I love the architecture and the food. It's always a good idea to stop-over in Milan before heading to Paris. It's my way of adding more destinations to my European get-a-way.

When I arrived at my hotel, I quickly changed and hit the streets. Although, most stores were closed I still headed to Italy's oldest shopping gallery in  Europe, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. It is named after the first king of the kingdom. It's so beautiful and a must-see when you visit Milan. It gives Black girl luxury vacation vibes. Remember to look up as you walk through the gallery. 

But before I went to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, I got off the train at Via Montenapoleone to browse the shops. It's Europe's third most expensive streets.

The square outside of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II was crowded as usual with people out and about. But after a quick trip to Zara, to pick up a new outfit, I headed to a nearby cafe with a spectacular view of the Duomo, the Gothic-style cathedral in the center of the city. In-fact, it is one of the largest in the world.

As Covid-19 entry requirements are changing, please be prepared to show proof of vaccination for in-door dining and other activities. The next morning, I had a quick breakfast before heading to the airport.

My stopover in Milan was just what I needed to close out my Italian summer get-a-away. 































Comments