Another 24 Hours in Milan

 


Milan is one of my favorite places to visit. Although, it's the second most popular city in Italy; I have visited it more than any other. As a stop over on my way to Paris, I spent 24 hours relaxing, eating, and shopping.

After landing in Milan, I got into a taxi and headed to the Excelsior Hotel Gallia where timeless elegance meets Italian chic. I absolutely loved this hotel. And it was a complimentary stay thanks to rewards from my Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express card. When I checked in, I was upgraded and offered an amenity because of my credit card status. I selected the complimentary breakfast.

One thing that I really liked about his hotel is its location. It's close to areas of the city that offer the best shopping and dinning experience. The hotel also offers a private shuttle for its guests with pick up and drop off service. It's a great option when you want to save on taxi and Uber rates.

It's also across the street from the Milano Centrale Train station. If you're headed to other cities in Italy, you're most certainly in the right location.

Milan is beautiful during the Christmas holiday season. It's festive and fun. I spent part of my time shopping at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a walk through arcade with a stunning glass ceiling. They have lots of designer boutiques and cafes to enjoy.

It was a rainy and cold night in Milan and I opted to grab dinner at my hotel. I could not leave Italy without ordering a Margherita pizza. I'm a foodie and I love pizza especially in Italy; it is so fresh!




I also had hot chocolate and ham and cheese sandwich earlier before heading out. I think Paris has Milan beat with the ham and cheese sandwich. And most certainly the hot chocolate in Paris is a ten out of ten.













Before, I knew it my 24 hours in Milan had come to an end. And I headed back to the airport for my flight to Paris.

If you are heading to Europe for a vacation, I highly suggest that you add a trip to Milan to your itinerary. 

HAUTE Travel Tip:  The VAT refund is higher in Italy than France.



Comments