Travel Hacks for Free Vacations

 There are many ways to travel that will not cost you very much money. I am a firm believer in making my money work for me. When it comes to travel, I have the same mindset. I believe that if I am loyal to my favorite hotel and airline brands, it will benefit me in FREE travel

Four Ways to Travel for Free


Luxury Credit Cards

Get a luxury branded credit card that offers a lot of perks. One of my cards offers $300 back for travel, a hotel certificate for free nights and $100 back for Global Entry that also includes TSA Precheck. Plus, the card may offer select deals when you travel, for example, $200 back for spending money with an airline or hotel brand.


Hotel Points 

I have a number of memberships that allow me to build an arsenal of hotel points that I trade in for rooms or suites. But one travel hack that saves money is comparing the room rate to purchasing hotel points to cover the bill. There are times when purchasing points to add to your earned points will be more beneficial than paying the posted rate.


VIP Status for Airlines

When you reach VIP status for airlines, you are in for a lot of perks! You get flight awards for free tickets and complimentary upgrades to Premium Economy or First Class. You can also get your checked bag fees dropped. 


Airline Miles

It seems these days that airline miles are a great way to buy tickets without spending money. But I have noticed that the value for miles has really increased therefore, I am hesitant to use them unless I absolutely want to save big. They do come in handy for last minute flights when you may only need 25K miles to get to the Caribbean in first class with one particular airline. 



Comments