What I Love About a Memorable Hotel Stay

 As a travel enthusiast, the most important part of the hotel experience is premium service that's personalized. When spending money at five star hotels, it's important to get my money's worth. Sure, I stay at four star hotels as well and I also expect top notch service. But when it comes to a more high-value experience nothing beats posh amenities and luxurious accommodations with exceptional service specific to me that is always consistent. 



Here are three things that keep me coming back:

1. Personalized service is very important especially when you are celebrating something special. I once checked into the St. Regis in Rome and the front desk manager asked me what would I like for my birthday? I jokingly said a birthday cake! A few hours later, the staff sent a birthday cake prepared by the chef with a bottle of champagne to my room! It was one of the best hotel stays of my life. And I will never forget it. 

2. Notes or handwritten messages that offer a special message along with an amenity are very much appreciated. I am a writer so note cards that welcome me and reinforce that the staff is at my service is always a win. I remember getting a very nice note when I checked into the former Shangri-La Resort in the Maldives. It also came with a bottle of bubbly and complimentary massage at the spa! In that moment, my dream trip became even more special.



3. Tasty treats made with chocolate are always appreciated. I once checked into the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles and the staff sent a special chocolate Hollywood movie designed dessert to my room. I was thrilled! The entire display was made of milk chocolate. It was the most amazing gift that I had ever received because it was unique to the destination.

When it comes to luxury hotels, the details really matter and the service must be outstanding. But nothing beats an amazing stay like making me feel special with a little WOW factor.

Comments