48 Haute Hours in Nice, France



Spending vacation days along the posh French Riviera always starts with a trip to Nice for me.  It's the fifth largest city in France and sits along the Southeastern coast near Cannes and Monte Carlo.  It's very different from those amazing places as well as Saint-Tropez.   

Nice is one of those cities that offers something for everybody with its Art Deco architecture and near perfect weather year round.  It's also very budget friendly no matter your wallet.

Jetting off to Nice is simple from Paris.  I usually book a round trip ticket on Air France for about $200.  It takes less than two hours to fly from Paris to Nice.  Plus, I get to collect skymiles. While some prefer the train, it takes a full day to travel and I rather spend that time on the beach or sitting at a cute cafe people watching.

Arriving in Nice is amazing!  I love to see the beautiful Mediterranean Sea and coastline from the air.  When I land, I usually take a cab to my hotel.  You can also take the airport bus for a little less.

The Palais de la Mediterranean with neo-Classical 1929 facade stands out among the hotels in the area. It's really lovely and I wanted to see what this Hyatt Hotel had to offer.  So I decided to check-in and enjoy their lovely cocktails that double as dessert in a glass!  

Nice offers more diversity as compared with neighboring French cities and towns.  It offers a fabulous art and thriving restaurant scene that many travelers enjoy.  As I strolled the area along the Promenade des Anglais (The Walk of English) with sweeping views of the Mediterranean Sea, I felt inspired to explore the palm tree-lined neighborhoods under the blue sky and got lost in "Riviera Life."

Nice offers little art galleries, shops and book fairs that consume your thoughts as you make your way to Place Garibaldi, the central square where it all comes together. The vibe is casual, but haute and so is the nightlife.

Here's a look inside my 48 hours in Nice.












































Nice is close to so many other cities that you'll want to visit.  The cost to get around is far less that you might think, for example, I took the train to Cannes for less than $15. They also offer a city bus (not my preferred method) for $2 arriving in Cannes about two hours later.  You can also take a car or train to Monte Carlo for much less than what you might expect to pay.  The drive along the coast is simply breathtaking. 














Comments