Things Girls Who Travel Know

If you're the kind of girl who loves to travel, it's probably a part of your DNA.  Traveling has taught me so many things about myself. 



Although, I have many travel stories, there are some that have always been in my heart and remind me of those spare moments when travel meets purpose and passion. 

I remember that time when I was in the airport and a woman came over to me.  She needed help but she spoke Spanish.  I really wanted to help her but I felt at a disadvantage because I didn't speak her language.  Fortunately, someone else came along and helped her.  

Later, I thought about being an American and traveling to different places in the world when I needed help with simple directions.  People wanted to help me, but didn't speak English so we hit roadblocks.  But in every instance, I've witnessed the greatness of humanity.  Somebody always comes along, ready to help who speaks your language. 



As an enthusiastic traveler, I can honestly say I know for sure, travel has offered me so many opportunities to engage, educate myself and never to assume anything, always be open.  It makes me richer because the combination of experience and curiosity is priceless.

I've become friends with people who live in different parts of the world.  And I can honestly say, the conversations are so much richer when collectively we bring our different backgrounds, cultures, passions and beliefs into the rooms we occupy.  



I remember a wonderful night in Paris when a friend invited me to meet her gal pals, professional black women, who worked in news, beauty PR and photography.  We enjoyed cocktails and conversations at this cute restaurant and bar in the city.  They even spoke English so that I could keep up!  It was one of those amazing nights in Paris that I have never forgotten.  We talked about a variety of subjects and I think we all learned something from each other.  As always, because I was the only American in the group, they wanted to know my perspective on everything.



What I know for certain about travel, it's my passion. It allows me to discover parts of myself that I never knew.  And no matter where I go, I leave footprints along the way.  When I see other women and girls like me in the airports or exploring a destination, I smile because I know that she travels to discover her true self.








Comments